Oh, anaemia. I can’t wait until you are gone and the pattern of “work one hour, nap two hours” is dead.
(On the upside the weather has cooled just enough to ensure I am not attempting to nap in the mouth of the inferno, so there’s that.)
What Got Did This Week
Slightly more shopping!
I went and purchased side-clip buckles, no-roll elastic, an adorable chunky zip, and two different types of potential strapping. Total spend: $14.40
Very boring admin!
My credit card application needed an interim statement ($3 to get it printed, ugh) and I also picked up the bank cards for the accounts I opened.
- I drew out potential bag sizes on brown paper, mostly playing around with size and curviness.
- The two most likely options got drawn onto old bedsheet and pinned on my hip to see if they were okay. They were.
- I used a couple of scraps to make the pockets.
- Sewed it very quickly, pinned on the straps, and tah-dah! Prototypes!
- Took sweaty photos.
- Used GIMP to put the photos together and add some explicatory text.
- Posted in a few places asking for feedback.
- Including here. ‘Cos why not?
Tell me, darlings!
– Which size would you prefer?
– What situation would you use it for?
– Hip or sling?
– How much would you be happy to pay?
– Any other feedback?
And now I am pooped and full of triumph because it is all done and it’s not even midday yet.
Bags sold: 0
Time spent: 8 hours (Still on track!)
Fear that no-one will ever buy one of these bags and what the fuck am I doing: 62.9%
Come and leave your aesthetic thoughts in the comments!